Early Access to the Pilot Program
The Texas Cultural Trust is committed to increasing access to quality arts education for all Texas children. In response to our community’s state of emergency and to support distance learning, the Texas Cultural Trust (TCT) will provide early access to the pilot of its Career Exploration in the Arts (CEA) curriculum to all Texas educators. This curriculum is currently being piloted across the state with the support of our partner, Center for Educator Development in the Fine Arts (CEDFA). The Career Exploration in the Arts curriculum is scheduled to officially launch in June 2020, but with the urgent need for distance learning, we will be offering this free curriculum to Texans immediately.
Career Exploration in the Arts is a unit of study designed for high school art, dance, music, and theatre classes. The unit explores career opportunities in the arts and identifies how arts education prepares students for success in all careers.
We are grateful for CEDFA’s support in extending this pilot to educators throughout Texas.
Register for Career Exploration in the Arts Curriculum on TCT’s Canvas platform
Learn how to register for TCT’s Canvas platform and access tutorial videos
Distance Learning and Career Exploration in the Arts
- Lessons are TEKS-based, 7E-aligned, designed for grades 9th-12th, and can easily be adapted for grades 6th-8th.
- Teachers can easily adapt these lessons for online-only delivery of fine arts instruction.
- Lessons will provide students with quality instruction at home.
- Teachers are able to copy/paste content and objectives into existing digital classrooms (e.g., Google Classroom).
- Teachers have the option of using Zoom, or another platform to video-capture teacher-led instruction and post those videos to their district’s learning portals to augment the online student-led research portions of these units.
- Lessons are heavily student-centered: the bulk of each lesson can be made available for immediate student use without much time-intensive adaptations by teachers.
- TCT and CEDFA invite fine arts educators statewide to pilot these materials and provide feedback on their design and use.