Thank you for making time to help select the 2021 Texas Medal of Arts Awards Honorees. Below you will find more information about the process, next steps, and the Texas Medal of Arts Awards celebration.
- Nomination Criteria.
- Honoree Selection Committee members will review all public nominations and rank each nominee on the online platform.
- The Committee will meet via zoom to review top rankings and discuss the need for additional nominations. Additional nominations may be made by the Honoree Selection Committee online here.
- Honoree Selection Committee rankings and additional nominations will be sent to the Texas Cultural Trust Board of Directors for comment and prioritization.
- The final slate of 2021 Honorees will be based on both the Honoree Selection Committee and Trust Board of Directors rankings and finalized by the Texas Cultural Trust.
- Consideration will be given to geographic, demographic, and cultural representation of the state, taking into consideration the availability of the finalist to participate in the 2021 TMAA events.
- If necessary, a follow-up conference call may be scheduled.
Celebrating the Power of the Arts!
It’s times such as these that magnify the power of the arts as an emotional salve, a form of expression, a reflection of current events, a universal language, a uniting force and a symbol of hope. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the creative community was the first to provide virtual engagement and opportunities to keep us connected. Texas and the world are turning to the arts to find escape and relief from uncertain circumstances. Access to arts and culture will be essential to healing, rebuilding and recovery for our local and global communities.
Through the Texas Medal of Arts Awards (TMAA), the Texas Cultural Trust spotlights the Texas leaders and luminaries who have achieved greatness through their creative talents, as well as those whose generosity has opened doors to artistic opportunity for Texans of all ages. Inspired by the National Medal of Arts and the Kennedy Center Honors, the Texas Medal of Arts has been presented biennially since 2001. Culminating in a star-studded celebration, the Texas Medal of Arts Awards raises substantial financial support, visibility, and awareness about the power of the arts to enrich a child’s education and enhance our state’s economy and cultural heritage.
If you are interested in supporting and celebrating the arts in Texas please contact Cathleen Berdan, director of development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.478.5289.