The Art Box Golden Ticket
Celebrate and support what keeps us connected, entertained, emotionally comforted, and inspired – the arts!
A single Golden Ticket lies within a Texas Cultural Trust Art Box and grants you entry to the arts event of the year: The 2021 Texas Medal of Arts Awards! Presented biennially since 2001, this two-day event is a star-studded celebration of the creative excellence, exemplary talents, and outstanding contributions by Texans in all disciplines of the arts.
Purchase or gift an Art Box between July 17 – July 31, 2021 for a chance to win the Golden Ticket and access to the Texas Medal of Arts Awards Arts Alive! Reception and Awards Show and Gala Dinner, happening October 18 & 19, 2021. (That’s a $3,000 value!)Purchase An Art Box
How It Works
We’ve hidden a Golden Ticket in one of our Art Boxes. Purchase or gift an Art Box between July 17 – July 31, 2021 for a chance to find it!
The Reward: Finding the Golden Ticket provides admission for two (2) to the Texas Medal of Arts Awards Arts Alive! Reception and Awards Show and Gala Dinner, October 18 &19, 2021 in Austin, TX. The Golden Ticket must be redeemed by Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
- July 17 – 31, 2021: Golden Ticket Art Boxes Are Sold
- August 2 – 6, 2021: Art Boxes are mailed (One will include a Golden Ticket!)
- August 31: Deadline for Winner to Redeem Prize
What Are Art Boxes?
Access to quality arts education has never been more important. Through Art Boxes, the Texas Cultural Trust provides creative resources and basic arts supplies to spark the curiosity, creativity, and imagination of children and their families. For each Art Box sold, another will be donated to a student in a Title I school. (Title I schools serve high concentrations of students who are economically disadvantaged. Campuses with more than 40% of students qualifying for free and reduced lunch are designated Title I.) Art Boxes are priced at $100.
- The Art Box Golden Ticket is being conducted by the Texas Cultural Trust (the “Trust”), a not-for-profit charitable organization. The contest is being conducted pursuant to the Texas Charitable Raffle Enabling Act, Chapter 2002 of the Occupations Code, to raise funds for ongoing charitable purposes. The Art Box Golden Ticket details (“Official Rules”) are set forth below. By purchasing an Art Box, the purchaser acknowledges that they are aware of, and agrees to be bound by, these Official Rules and the Trust’s interpretation of any such Official Rules. The Trust shall be solely responsible for interpreting and applying the Official Rules. The Trust’s interpretation and application of such rules shall be final.
- Eligibility: Any individual who is 18 years of age or older at the time of the purchase of an Art Box is eligible to enter. Trust board members and employees are excluded from participating. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The Reward: Finding the Golden Ticket provides admission for two (2) to the following Texas Medal of Arts Awards events in Austin, Texas: Arts Alive! Reception, Monday, October 18, 2021 at Commodore Perry Estate; and the Awards Show and Gala Dinner, Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at the Long Center for the Performing Arts. The Golden Ticket holder understands that they must comply with any terms or conditions applicable to the reward in order to receive it.
- How to Enter: Art Boxes may be purchased for $100 by eligible persons (see above) from July 17, 2021, 10 a.m. CST until July 31, 2021, 11:59 p.m. CST. One (1) Art Box will hold a Golden Ticket. The holder of the Golden Ticket may redeem the ticket to receive the reward.
- Only one (1) eligible person may be entered in the contest per Art Box sold. If the name of more than one (1) person is provided on an Art Box purchase form and that Art Box holds a Golden Ticket, then the person named first will be deemed as the holder of record.
- The division of the prize among a group of persons purchasing an Art Box shall be the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that Art Box, should it hold the Golden Ticket. The Trust is not responsible for resolving any disputes that may arise from different individuals listed under an Art Box order.
- Art Boxes may sell out before that time. An individual can purchase an unlimited amount of Art Boxes.
- Tickets may be purchased:
- By the internet. Visit www.txculturaltrust.org/GoldenTicket to purchase an Art Box. Follow the instructions to complete the order and submit payment; or
- By Email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- All Art Box orders must include payment by check, money order, or credit card. Cash will not be accepted. The purchase form and payment must be received by the Trust at the time of purchase to be eligible.
- The Trust reserves the right to reject any order that is submitted without proper payment or payment that does not constitute “good funds.” Any order received without proper or sufficient payment will be immediately disqualified by the Trust.
- Redeeming the Reward: It is the responsibility of the Golden Ticket holder to collect the reward by Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 5 p.m. CST and use the reward according to the restrictions laid out in the Official Rules. The Golden Ticket holder agrees to submit the name(s) of the reward recipients upon reward collection. If a Golden Ticket holder is unable to be contacted or located after a period of one (1) week from the collection date, they will forfeit entry Texas Medal of Arts Awards events.
- Non-Deductibility of Ticket Purchase: The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently, the purchase of an Art Box does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
- Terms and Conditions: The Art Box Golden Ticket is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules cannot be changed by any oral statement made by any employee, consultant or agent acting on behalf of the Trust. By entering, entrants: (1) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Trust which shall be final and binding; (2) waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules; and (3) agree that the Trust may use the entrant’s name and statements for promotional or advertising purposes on a statewide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Please contact the Trust if you have any questions. The Art Box Golden Ticket is void where prohibited by law.
BY ENTERING, EACH ART BOX PURCHASER RELEASES THE TRUST, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE REWARD, AND EACH GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE TRUST HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR AS A RESULT OF THE TICKET HOLDER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE REWARD. A PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE TRUST ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OF ART BOXES OR THE CONDUCT OF THE ART BOX GOLDEN TICKET SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THEIR ART BOX(ES). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TRUST, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE ART BOX GOLDEN TICKET OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (PURSUANT TO ITS EXPEDITED PROCEDURES) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND CONDUCTED IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.
- Cancellation/Termination: By purchasing an Art Box and choosing to participate in The Art Box Golden Ticket, each purchaser acknowledges and agrees that the Trust has the right, in its sole discretion, to elect not to proceed for any reason whatsoever or for no reason, and in such event, a purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be to receive a refund of the full price paid for each Ticket purchased, without interest.
- Disclaimer: Art Boxes are provided “AS-IS”, without any guarantees or warranty. In association with the products contained in the Art Box, the Trust makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, of title, or of noninfringement of third-party rights. Use of the Art Box by a user is at the user’s sole risk. Furthermore, no claims, representations or warranties, whether express or implied, are made by the Trust as to the safety, reliability, durability and/or performance of the Art Box or the products contained therein. The Trust accepts no liability whatsoever for the safety, reliability, durability and/or performance of the Art Box and the products contained therein.
Do you prefer to make a donation? A gift to the Texas Cultural Trust supports our work to increase arts access and awareness about the importance of the arts and creative sector in Texas.